TennisForum.com - View Single Post - SEC Women Tennis 2011

View Single Post

Old Mar 29th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #4
country flag tennisdawg

tennisdawg is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: SEC Women Tennis 2011

GA and Fla will be a titanic battle in a couple weeks. GA was far stronger than their pre-season ranking which was configured on the assumption Gullickson would turn pro rather than come back. If their # 2 player Gilchrist is healthy this could really go deep into the match to figure a winner.
I like GA to win dubs. Gullickson plays up to her competition and will win at 1. I like Fla at 2 (versus Gilchrist), GA at 3 (Kowasse), lower lines are toss-ups. Playing at home will be big for Fla, especially considering GA will have to lean on two highly touted freshmen down low to pull it out. Will be tough but it can be done. What that said, I think Fla pulls it out 4-3 with a neutral site rematch in SECs to be interesting. Stan, Fla, and GA are ahead of the rest of the field. Duke and UNC are not at their level currently. And I know UNC beat GA early in the season 4-3 in a third set tiebreak to determine the outcome but GA's # 2 player did not play that match. She plays and it's completely different.
tennisdawg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote