TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sofa-coaching: Match Review and Discussions 2011 Edition

View Single Post

Old Mar 19th, 2011, 10:35 PM   #30
country flag chmath

chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sofa-coaching: Match Review and Discussions 2011 Edition

What an absolutely fabulous analysis by both! For what it's worth, I really do feel that our girl is a complete rhythm player and fatigue is definitely beginning to kick in when the volume of matches comes thick and fast. She looked in absolutely fantastic shape during the Australian, kudos the fact that she took Kvitova to three sets and could have actually won that match under circumstances, backed it up with two fabulous performances in the FedCup, marvelous run in Dubai, not bad in Doha and then, after two weeks off, she appeared to be all out of sync- kudos the quick doubles and singles losses. The flip side to that is that she ought to have been fresh, but clearly, that didn't appear to be the case. Or perhaps some kind of niggling injury, who knows??

Speed is definitely an issue, her anticipation has always been exceptional and so has her wit, but well unfortunately now she is set up to be well and truly hit off the court by certain types of players. Others, into whose head she can get, remain vulnerable... Still, I expect a good 2011 and it will be very interesting to see her on clay...
chmath is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote