TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sofa-coaching: Match Review and Discussions 2011 Edition

View Single Post

Old Mar 19th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #29
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sofa-coaching: Match Review and Discussions 2011 Edition

^I do agree with some of your observations. IIRC, she had a low % of 1st serve for this match. In the games where she wasted game pts, Caro was able to move her around the court like a wiper (I take it this what you mean by left-right play?) because Flavia is giving her a lot of short serves to attack. Caro would hit a deep return which then puts Flavia immediately into defense mode. Also, Flavia hitting short FHs certainly did not help her but this is usually the result of her getting pushed around the baseline. Not enough time to take a good swing at the ball.

As for Flavia's body language, I noticed she looked tired even before the match started. I supposed this is not too surprising considering how many matches she had played since AO.

Oh yeah it's in Doha. I keep mixing up those two.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote