TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Matches Database

View Single Post

Old Mar 18th, 2011, 08:29 PM   #7
country flag amirbachar

amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Matches Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by VB_Pablo View Post
I've seen something like that somewhere (with games).

If anyone could find a database with POINTS, that would be bloody amazing. I can't even find stats for all matches.

I don't know what kind of time frame you want, but I will paste what I have for this year below. Caution: it's big (more than 1000 matches). The formatting is as follows (tab delimited):

date P1 P2 Set1 (P1 then P2) Set 2(P1 then P2) Set 3 (P1 then P2) Points(4 columns*) Winner**(if default)

*I track points scored and points scored on serve. Therefore, there are 4 point lines: 1) P1 total points 2) P1 points on serve, 3) P2 total points, 4) P2 points on serve
**If the line includes the word WHOOPS it means there was a default/retirement. In that case, the winner is indicated by the next term. 1 indicates P1 wins, and -1 indicates P2 wins

I will put it all in the next reply
WOW!!!
That's an amazing database.
What time frame do you have? Can you please upload all your files to http://www.2shared.com/ ?
It's very easy to upload many files at once...
What I plan is making an all time rankings, so please give me as many years as you have.
You will of course get a huge credit for that too.

Are you sure the second points column are points won on serve? I think it's points won when returning...
Are you generating the format or is it already saved like that?
If you are generating the format, could you please use full names, and the match result like that for example: 6-4_6-4?
One last ask - could you put the tournament name at beginning?

Thanks a lot,

Amir

Last edited by amirbachar : Mar 18th, 2011 at 08:38 PM.
amirbachar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote