TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ana Ivanovic Pictures Thread vol.2

View Single Post

Old Mar 9th, 2011, 01:06 AM   #2262
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic Pictures Thread vol.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
When she is out of her mind and not in love with tennis, even Heinz is not able to prevent last seasons RG-Wimbledon disaster.
I do think you nailed it in this sentence. When Ana is "out of her mind" and not totally in love with tennis, dedicated, focused.. there is nothing that makes her play well. That's why she has sucked so much this year. At the first adversity she let her mentality go down the drain and her attitude towards tennis got back to sucking. She just can't play tennis like that. She needed extensive specific work on her mental game to overcome that and become more stable.. the only way to be really out of the slump..

At the beginning of Ana's career this weak mentality showed itself in her inconsistencies and her tendency to flop epically after every great result. It was still the exception as it mostly got pushed aside by huge desire and determination. After acomplishing her dreams, that desire died down a bit.. she still wanted to do well and win big things, but just expected it to fall from the sky. It obviously didn't.. and the weak mentality took over, it was the most present one. It became the rule, no the exception. So it comes back at the first adversity.. Without some real hard work on her mentality it will keep being predominant and showing up much more often than any good attitude.

All this is very disappointing, as she is wasting tons of talent and becoming a real journeywoman the past 3 years.. Sad to think Ana will be remembered as somewhat the Gaston Gaudio of the WTA.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!