TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

View Single Post

Old Feb 26th, 2011, 08:38 AM   #1625
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
^I disagree. Those are highlights, not the full match. In the full match she made errors off both wings, and her backhand is far better now than before. I will however say that her forehand has regressed, and her serve has become more unstable.
Her BH is a totally different shot now than it was then. Back then she used to go for her BH and flatten it out almost like she did with her forehand, even though her forehand was always the great shot and her BH never was. But it was a shot she finished out points with as well.. From maybe 2007 on I think Sven altered her BH making Ana use a lot more spin and give it more air. It makes it hold up more when picked apart, but it takes away the finishing ability and it has less weight of shot. Back in 2006 it was a heavier shot. It's a different shot.. I don't think her BH is better right NOW, as it was awful against Patty and Makarova. But it was definitely a better shot back in 2008, when she could get a bit of the best of both worlds, using flat BHs when she had to and going for spin when under pressure from the opponent, and thus giving it more margin to hold up. Her BH was actually important for her to do so well in 2008.

Her FH went from one of the best ever to out of the top 50 ordinary. She lost the weight of shot, which was what made it special. Ana didn't even had to hit it that deep or to a corner, but it was so heavy when it came that the opponent could barely do anything. All you have to do to see how much it has regressed is how opponents can now easily redirect an Ana forehand that comes their way. Many times she just completely hesitates with it.. has a ball to finish the point and just rolls it back in. Sad to see.. And her serve went from great to drawing constant Dementieva comparissons. I miss Demi, but her serve was always cringeworthy and the last thing a player wants is to have their serve compared to hers.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote