Yeah, a fully agree to your last statement. Plus she plays very consistent over a season. She will win against most of the lower-ranked players on a regular and solid basis. Unlike Jankovic ...
Karla, don't mind the dire. That's what this thread is for. We can do it here so we don't spoil the cheering thread
how could Flavia possibly slow-down the game of her opponent?:
- moonballs: Flavia has.
- Slice shots: Flavia hasn't !!!
- play sharp and short angles with top-spin like Francesca: Flavia doesn't.
- overpower the opponent: Flavia weighs ten pounds less then most of her opponents.
the ceiling, as Tignor mentioned:
- she doesn't read the matches as well as, say, Beba, Clijsters, Wozniacki
- her only Plan B is 'fight'
I think she won't fix any of these things in her last years. Let's see how far her net game will carry her.