TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sofa-coaching: Match Review and Discussions 2011 Edition

View Single Post

Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 05:50 AM   #17
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sofa-coaching: Match Review and Discussions 2011 Edition

Dubai SF: Sveta continues her pwnage of Flavia 6-4, 6-4

Well this one's a little disappointing. Flavia had early breaks in both sets but couldn't hold serve to build a substantial lead. I guess there is a reason why she has never won against Kuzy in 5 matches. For some reason, I noticed that Flavia doesn't seem to like Sveta's topspin shots. She shank some standard shots in the baseline and even her best shot the backhand down line is not as effective on the rallies. While Sveta is obviously the bigger hitter of the two, I also noticed she seemed to love the pace of shot coming from Flavia wherein she repeatedly managed to hit some amazing winners and was often able to wrong-foot Flavia on the baseline.

Flavia did try to impose her new aggressive game plan of finishing points early by going to the net. I just thought she was overdoing it a little and Sveta had started to get a good read on her approach shots giving her more difficult volleys to hit. Still there were some lovely net to baseline exchanges and a wily forehand dropshot from Flavia so those were all pretty awesome to watch.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote