TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

View Single Post

Old Feb 17th, 2011, 10:04 AM   #28
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
So what's Aga do differently againt Bartoli than Caro does? She's now won all 6 matches she's played against Bartoli dropping only the 1st set they played while Caro's lost her last 2 matches against Bartoli.
I don't think it's anything particular with Marion that Caro has lost her last 2 matches and Aga always wins. Or that we can draw any big conclusions from this. The last time at Cinci she didn't play well in that match but in fairness she'd just flown out to the States from Denmark. It was after then that Caro really went on a tear. I don't see Caro losing to Marion in the form she upped herself into last year. In the form she is in now - she's managing to get wins. But really the tour is so deep now that their's plenty of players - not just Marion - that could beat her. She'll make it difficult to be beaten. She ought to beat players like Marion but it's no foregone conclusion.

I've never actually seen Aga against Marion so can't answer your question. But I think what does Caro needs to do. Just all round improving. Cut down on hitting so many short balls back; cut down on UEs - something which is always of concern when Caro does it - so that if it gets into a long rally that she is the favourite to win the point; her serve - against Na at AO this let her down badly; work on trying to be more aggressive without seriously jeopardising her UE count. I do enjoy her BHDTL.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!