TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Caroline Wozniacki - Video Thread

View Single Post

Old Feb 1st, 2011, 02:56 PM   #948
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caroline Wozniacki - Video Thread

There's not much about Caro in this clip (although she's seen briefly), so sorry if it's considered OT. But maybe the Danish viewers will appreciate it anyway. Fed Cup captain Michael Mortensen is talking about the Danish doubles:

http://www.on-sport.dk/video/1063931...e-p-programmet

He's says it has not been decided yet which two players will play doubles in the first Fed cup match. "We have four good players".

My own comments: I guess it would have been obvious to use Malou with Caro if Malou was present (and fit) but since she's injured it will be difficult to set the doubles team. I don't think any of the three Danish girls have played with Caro before, so it will be a new experience. And none of the other girls have any noteworthy doubles experience as teams. Grage and Barbat played as a team in the Copenhagen WTA 2010, bu it was their first doubles match as a team, if I'm not mistaken, and they weren't completely comfortable (and lost their only match). But I'm sure any of these girls CAN play a decent doubles on a good day: Grage was a semi finalist in the doubles as a junior at Roland Garros, and Barbat won a couple of 10K's in doubles in 2010. And the 15 year old Melsted won the Danish Championship both outdoors and indoors in 2010 (Ladies' doubles!), which is quite a feat although some of the best players were missing at both championships.
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote