TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Order of Strength Discussion

View Single Post

Old Feb 1st, 2011, 02:40 AM   #5
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Order of Strength Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
Just so I can demonstrate that I can remain impartial...while Cal never had an obvious issue with the line-up last year, I will say that Siwosz had no business playing No. 4 ahead of Goransson and Davis. That clearly was a move to help win at No. 5 and No. 6. A lot of teams do such actions, but that by no means makes it okay.

Lindsay Burdette at No. 2 for Stanford last year was another example in my opinion of "sacrificial lamb."
And Lindsay fully satisfied the 'expectation' by taking out Mathews and Will to help the team win the title Now THAT's a winner, everyone De facto MVP of the tourney!

Kinda similar to Hickey and Byron, I guess.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote