TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Order of Strength Discussion

View Single Post

Old Feb 1st, 2011, 12:28 AM   #3
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold
Re: Order of Strength Discussion

I agree that Duke is talented and very deep however there seems to be something fishy going on and injury doesn't seem to be a factor:

Versus Hawaii the line-up was:
1. Fahoum
2. Zslinszka
3. Clayton
4. Plotkin
5. Mar
6. Gorny

with Nze and Kahan TBA.

Versus William and Mary Nze and Kahan are in the line-up and Clayton sits out:
1. Fahoum
2. Zslinszka
3. Plotkin
4. Nze
5. Kahan
6. Mar

This tells us that the order is roughly:
1. Fahoum
2. Zslinszka
3. Clayton
4. Plotkin
5. Nze
6. Kahan
7. Mar
8. Gorny

Clayton is No. 3 because she is ahead of Plotkin in the Hawaii match.

Versus Brown the line-up was:
1. Zslinszka
2. Plotkin
3. Nze
4. Kahan
5. Clayton
6. Gorny

Here comes the major shift in the order:
1. Fahoum
2. Zslinszka
3. Plotkin
4. Nze
5. Kahan
6. Clayton
7. Mar
8. Gorny

And then in their last match against Texas A&M, Clayton sits out and the line-up above remains intact. Essentially she moved down three spots from where she originally started. The thing with line-ups is that they are supposed to be ordered in terms of ability and you are not suppose to tamper with the line-up due to injury. If someone is coming back from an injury, you can't place them lower in the order of strength. In others words, the order of strength is always determined by if everyone was at 100%. Sure you could argue that Plotkin, Nze, Clayton, and Kahan are evenly matched and could replace each other at any position...but really that is just a convenient way of saying I can place them in any order I choose...I will acknowledge the possibility that the other three girls just got a lot better in the last three weeks...but how can anyone really prove that?

Last edited by Tennisace : Feb 1st, 2011 at 12:34 AM.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote