TennisForum.com - View Single Post - FED Cup 2011, discussion, commitments etc.

View Single Post

Old Jan 25th, 2011, 01:02 PM   #43
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FED Cup 2011, discussion, commitments etc.

Just to inform you all that I'll probably create the FED Cup thread tomorrow and that I'll already list you as players who have already signed up, along with your choice of countries. In other words, if you have specified here that you'd like to play and mentioned the country for which you'd like to participate, you don't have to type "in" at the start of that thread. Of course, if you for some reason want to change your team choice, you can do that until the start of the first match, so a lot of time is left to decide.

Since no one complained about these ideas, we will:
- accept any player interested into the FC, as long as he/she specifies the team for which he/she wants to play, and as long as it's done before the start of the first match on the first day
- accept players who are "late for the sign-up" (who want to join after the competition has started), but only if they will play for a new team (some country that's not yet in the game)
- divide the overall number of points each team acquires each day by the number of players that have played that day for the team (those who forget to send won't count for the day - I think that's fair)
- give 4 and 2 points per correct tipp during the first FC weekend
- not count any matches played after the winner of the tie is known
- count all the results on the 52-week basis as well; in other words, we'll have continuous ranking of countries (so teams will have to defend points next year etc.) as well as a yearly competition for a season FC winner

So everything is pretty much settled. If you have some last-minute suggestions, feel free to write, so that we resolve everything in time.

Hope to see you all on February 5th and 6th in Tipping FED Cup
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote