TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Lucie Australian Open 2011 Thread

View Single Post

Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 04:26 AM   #37
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future
Re: Lucie Australian Open 2011 Thread

I saw the whole match, and I was really pleased. In the first set she was not playing well. In the second she fought off a bunch of break points but was down 2-4 before she got back to 4-4. Vera served for it at 5-4 and 6-5 but Lucie played well and broke back. In the tiebreak both played great tennis and Lucie had two (?) set points but Vera held her off. Her serving was not too good and her net play was a bit shaky, but her groundstrokes were very good. What really excited me is how Lucie played towards the end. It wasn't like she was just playing her streaky, amazing tennis that we see rarely and for brief moments. She was playing great but also playing within herself (not going for those big winners but hitting consistently big shots). I would like to see some more spin on her backhand though.

Still, good tournament and she should be pleased with the match. This could be a good year for Lucie.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote