TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old Jan 18th, 2011, 06:09 PM   #1503
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Maria`s AO R1 interview:

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...232470208.html

Quote:
Q. Can you talk a little bit about the approach to your second serve this year. You're still trying to hit it fairly big, but you're also taking a bit of a risk with doubles. Do you feel eventually that is going to come around to where you can actually hit it big enough and make it somewhat of a weapon?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think, you know, at certain points I definitely feel like I can, you know, go for bigger ones. But on different days the spin feels a little bit different to me.

That's something that I've really had to adjust to; whereas, you know, maybe before when I was younger, before the surgery, I'd step up to the line and all the type of different spins, whether I hit a kick or slice, were a lot more natural. I didn't really have to think about jumping up and putting something extra on the ball.

Now if I don't, then, you know, my arm, I don't really feel the spin sometimes. That's something that I really have to concentrate on, definitely more on the second than on the first.

Q. You're saying you don't feel the spin? Why? You don't have feeling in your arm or hand like before?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, just sometimes it's not as free as other days. Been serving really good in practice. Uhm, I think sometimes it's just about, you know, bringing that out into the matches, yeah.
I feel so sorry for Maria.

She tries so hard but the shoulder injury destroyed her serve.

Quote:
Q. Your return from your best, Maria, how is that progressing? Is that progressing as you would like or hope?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: My return to the game?

Q. Yes.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Or serve return?

Q. Return to the game.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Listen, I wish I could be No. 1 in the world today, last year, right when I came back. But I think everything is a process, you know. It really is. I've had many challenges in my career, you know, before today. A lot of it was trying to win Grand Slams and trying to get to No. 1. A lot of it was trying to get back from my injury.

Now it's a challenge of trying to get back to where I want to be. And, uhm, you know, everything in life I think is a process. You have to keep working at it. I think it depends if you really want it or not.

I think I had a really long time to think about whether I wanted it or not, and I certainly did. So, uhm, yeah.
To hear this makes me so happy. Maria really wants it, is motivated and hungry.

Just be patient. One day the hard work will pay off!

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!