TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old Jan 2nd, 2011, 08:10 AM   #1218
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Last year she played against Venus and Caroline (in exhibitions) and won, but lost in the first round of the AO anyway. It's better to have some real competitive matches than exhibition matches IMO, no matter what the competition is, so, I for one Iím thrilled she chose to play Auckland.

Seeing as the only bigger tournament before the AO is Sydney the week before you can't blame Maria for playing a MM event. That's also something she only does when there aren't any bigger events to play, maybe except Memphis last year, which she won by the way.

Her ranking isn't so low because she's played a couple of MM events, her ranking is low because she hasn't performed better in the important events. Although I have to say her Grand Slam draws have been unfortunate to say the least.

PS: Almost no player is able to play that many tournaments without being tired anymore, not just Maria. The ones that do either lose early in every single one, or are players that will face a burnout after a couple of years.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!