TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Big West - news 2010-11

View Single Post

Old Dec 10th, 2010, 10:22 PM   #25
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Big West - news 2010-11

And I was about to congratulate LBS tennis for finally being able to take a trip to Hawaii.

So only the 7 Big West priority sports will be required to play Hawaii in round robin conference games during the regular season.

Teams like UCI, UCSB, CSUN and Cal Poly that have taken trips to Hawaii already will probably have an excuse to visit Hawaii every other year. They will be able to use going to Hawaii to help their recruiting.

Hawaii usually plays 4 or more WAC teams on their schedule. I bet all these teams will be replaced by Big West teams. Hawaii will fly to CA to play the Big West teams. So if Big West teams have to pay their own way to Hawaii then LBS/UCR/CSF will probably not be taking a trip to the islands anytime soon.

Maybe UCI & LBS can cut out UCR and CSF from the schedule and line up 2 more home matches against teams ranked in the 50-75 range.

The regular season tennis champion was only used for seeding and Commissioner Cup points. The BWT title had always been the coveted prize and from that standpoint not much has changed.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote