TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Big West - news 2010-11

View Single Post

Old Dec 3rd, 2010, 08:35 PM   #24
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Big West expansion

- Hawaii w. tennis also needs to work on retaining their players. I thought Ellen Linsenbolz (#1 singles) and Maraike Biglmaier (WTA 694) were going to be big additions for Hawaii but they only lasted less than a season.

- I was surprised that the unidentified team was not San Jose St. or Sac. St.

- If SJS told the WAC they were sending all other sports to the Big West the WAC can't really say no. The WAC is down to 7 football teams with 8 being needed to remain a football conference.

- Sac. St. might have tried to get the same deal as Cal Poly and UC Davis as football only in the Big Sky and all other sports to the Big West.

- With SJS & Sac. St. NOT EVEN EXPLORING the Big West option that makes me view their leadership as being reactive instead of proactive. If that's the case their programs aren't getting better anytime soon and its probably better they stay out of the Big West.

- I would have voted no for SJS but maybe yes for Sac. St. They have a good men's soccer, plus men & women's tennis program. Maybe Big West tennis might have had the potential to send 3 teams to the NCAAs with the addition of Sac. St.

- In the future when the landscape quakes again because of football realignment I see UCSD as insurance. On the remote chance the football schools Cal Poly, UCD & Hawaii leave the Big West, UCSD will keep the membership at 8 saving the hoops auto bid without having to add Bakersfield out of desperation.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote