TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Aussie Wildcard Play-Off. Dec 14-19.

View Single Post

Old Dec 1st, 2010, 12:36 AM   #14
country flag HOS

HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of
Re: Wildcards??

1. USA- I'd say Capra, Falconi, Ch. Gullickson, Hampton, Riske, VDW, Stephens & Rogers will be invited to play off
2. France- Made more unusual choices in last few years. Thinking of youngsters, the often injured Mladenovic you would think would have a shot- esp since she is playing Hopman cup. I think Lim and Garcia may also be options if they want to 'encourage'younger players. Althogh she didn't paly Fed Cup last year- Razzano is very much a FRench Fed Favourite, so you ould think she would have a chance. B'c I love her- but it woudl seeem unlikey - I am hoping for Olivia Sanchez. Cohen Aloro outside beet- she got it last year no? The much improved ranking wise - Laurendon, Thorpe, Picquion- I woud say won't get it. Highly doubtful Sev B Julie C or Steph F-G will get it- although i luff them too
3. Asia- waste of wildcard with current selection criteria. If they have to use it- it should bee how it used to bee- that is the highest ranked Asian player that does not already have a MD player- enhances diversity. They stopped that and had Asian Champ- which died in the are. The just pick the top Asian out f the draw makes no sense. Anyway, unless withdrawals, it would be 1 Namigata 2. Chang
Unless Serena gets beetter and asks for a WC, the rest of the WC's will be Aussies.
4. Playoff winner (whoever that is- take off the following-in order of defo getting it)
5. Molik. Defo
6. Dokic. 2009 princess will be given another shot
7. Ferguson- I hope they reward her good 2010
8. Peers- great US Open will defo get her in

If either Molik, Dokic, Soph or Sal win the play off probs Rogowska will get the next one. WTF happened to her? Was she injured? Promising 2009 but 2010 was DR-eadful. She needs to get bigger and stronger- she is way to skinny.

Rogowska is like a JEss Moore- from a few years ago- great year afollowed by bad times.
Moore will be lucky to get a QD WC.
She should get it though.
I'd say they will be:
1. Holland- returning form injury, probs won't get a MD WC unless she wins playoff
2. Letcher
3. Wejnert- again- Tennis OZ seem to like her- wasn't overly impressed with her effort again Karin Kanapp a few years back when they gave her a WC. She has dont nthing since
4. Mirkovic: reaching the 3rd round of qualies a few years back helps her case but like ROgowska, Wejnert & Moore hasn'tr really mad e any inroads. Not sure if any of these guys have been injured and that is the reason for the slow progress?
5. Parreson- made some imporvment, consistant on challenger scene
6. Moore
7. Maybe Jade Hoppper, to be honest no one else prob deserves on
8. for reason's above on 7, and due to media on her last year, and another Hopman cup- I'd say Robson
HOS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote