TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Thread 1975

Thread: Thread 1975
View Single Post

Old Nov 15th, 2010, 06:04 AM   #302
country flag DennisFitz

DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all
Re: Thread 1975

Curious if anyone knows why BJ King played so few VS events in 1975? She did well getting to first 2 finals, splitting them w/Chris. I would think BJ might have still regarded herself as best player, or as co-#1 w/Chris. I know she retired after Wimbledon. I just don't recall if it was injuries, or what that caused her to curtail her singles entries.

Second question: does anyone who has old magazines or media guides, know how tournament seedings were handled in 1975? In the other 1975 thread, results were posted with seedings were done. In the US Indoors in March, they had Margaret Court as #1 seed, ahead of Evert. I know there was no computer ranking system back then, and I doubt they used any sort of 12 month rolling system like today's rankings. But even if they just used results from the Slims circuit, Chrissie still had a better record than Court.
DennisFitz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote