TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old Oct 31st, 2010, 08:45 PM   #583
country flag itzhak

itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Hello. As you can see from the pic, I'm from Elena section of the forum. As you know, Elena's era as an active player came to an end this week. She was admired by almost all the other players in the tour and she was especially in very good realtionship with all the other Russian players. Well, almost all of them but not all of them. I'm wondering what Masha's reaction to Elena's retirement was and if we will read something from her about this news.

The non-existence of Maria-Elena realtionship is well known. They had mutual respect in terms of tennis and some good compliments were said by them about this but in terms of minimal friendship it was Zero. You could see even when they were together in ceremonies or events, how they are not close and even don't look at each other. It wan not hate just nothing between them, they almost ignored each other.

the main reason for this was their different background: their age was not the same, they were from different origin and the process of learning tennis was very different. It seems that the main reason for their lack of contact was different view about life and career and their intersts seems quiet oposite. It is important to say that there was no single incident between them like what happened with Myskina or some early Sveta comments. Their personalities seems to be not match each other.

However, for me it was kind of shame. I don't blame anybody but I think that despite the different background, they could overcome it and behave like all the other Russian players. For me, their tennis passion and atittude was very similar. In the recent years when masha was facing her serve problems, I think that they really could find similar language and I even think that they could have fantatstic practice sessions together as good preparation for tournaments. There are many players who have different character but when it comes to tennis, they just put them outside and focus on their similar expereience. It was shame that two of the great represantive of the Russian revoulution could not do it.

oh, and I really want to see Maria not retiring before her 29th birthday....
itzhak is online now View My Blog!