TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old Oct 20th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #422
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
From Todd Spiker. Who he?

http://wtabackspin.blogspot.com/2010...uing-team.html

Maria Sharapova, RUS: Is 2011 the year when the course of the rest of Sharapova's career will be determined? Over the past six months, some have seen the Russian as being on an extended course toward reclaiming her old spot in the Top 5 and as a consistent slam contender by next summer, but her lack of consistent results, continued post-shoulder surgery service problems, and -- worst of all -- a seeming case of the "yips" when it comes to closing out matches and rising to the occasion in tight situations, the jury is very much still out and the verdict on whether she'll EVER be "Supernovic" again hardly pre-determined. Monica Seles was never the same poke-out-your-eye competitor after her stabbing, and one has to wonder if Sharapova will ever be able to be the hard-bitten opponent she once was now that she's got that nagging notion in the back of her mind that she can't really FULLY trust that her one-time biggest weapons -- her serve and her heart -- will be there when she needs them in a match's crunchtime. Could it be that the hard truth about the Russian's career arc has been hiding in plain sight all along? When I first gave Sharapova that "Supernova" nickname back in 2004, I played off only a portion of the dictionary definition of the word. "A rare celestial phenomenon in which a star explodes" seemed an apt description of her meteoric rise, but I chose to mostly ignore the "resulting in an extremely bright, short-lived object" part of the equation. Maybe it's time to take the blinders off?
I've decided to stop reading these kind of articles because they either make me too depressed or they lift my hopes up too high.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!