TennisForum.com - View Single Post - US Open 2010

Thread: US Open 2010
View Single Post

Old Sep 5th, 2010, 11:31 AM   #12
country flag shirgan

shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future
Re: US Open 2010

from Matt Cronin's picks:

Quote:
VENUS WILLIAMS vs. SHAHAR PEER

Don't think that picking Venus Williams over Shahar Peer is an easy selection, because I have not been that impressed by Venus's level at the tournament. However, now that she's played three matches after having zero in between Wimbledon and the Open, I'm sensing that she's going to beginning to play cleaner. She absolutely cannot be as erratic as she was against Mandy Minella, when in the first set, there wasn't a shot she could count on. Peer is a much more solid player, moves well, can whack it off the ground and has done a good job making herself relevant Top 20 player again. I expect this to go three and I also expect Venus to be on the ropes in the third. If this were played outside of the US, I'd pick Peer on form, but I'll take the two-time US Open champion's home court advantage and see Venus squeaking through.
shirgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote