TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Elena Dementieva Fans Club vol.7

View Single Post

Old Aug 31st, 2010, 10:28 AM   #12
country flag Alenyaa

Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Elena Dementieva ONLY Fan Club vol.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED to win a slam View Post
I was lucky enough yesterday that I was able to see Lena's match on Court 11-there was no commentary which was kind of nice for a change.
Lena played well, especially off the ground. She made very few unforced errors and kept her emotions in check. Very rare that she doesn't get broken in a match and she didn't even face a break point until the last game. Her new serve isn't great although she did manage 2 consecutive aces in the 2nd set. In general though, its not a nice looking shot and as is always the case, prone to breaking down under pressure.
Next match vs Bammer should be relatively straightforward. Sybille isn't the same kind of threat that she was back in 2007, and Lena was in a slump back then. Quite likely she'll be put out on an outside court again for that but should she progress to face Daniela, surely that'll be on one of the 3 main courts.
Have to agree there apart from the service.
I think it looks pretty good actually and she can definitely do damage with it, more so than she did with the previous motion imo.

Jelena Dokic, Tsvetana Pironkova, Caroline Wozniacki
Daniela Hantuchova, Gisela Dulko, Julia Görges

Former Training Accommodation Manager aboard the SS Dementieva
Now discovering New Horizons...
Alenyaa is offline View My Blog!