Tennis Forum banner

Anna Lapushchenkova

36K views 338 replies 50 participants last post by  davidmario 
#1 ·
Anyone here like Anna Lapushchenkova? Next week she'll be playing in the 25k Sofia. Come and support them by entering into the first ever Pick the Finalist Event (PTF) and then cheering for her during the week.
Heres a link here http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=261385
Please send me your team of 8 in asap because as soon as the Singles main draw starts I wont accept anymore teams until the next week.
All Entry lists up there, and pictures and live updated will be posted during the week.
Any questions? Click on my username and send me a message.
Cheers

#292 ·
A shame Anna withdrew from US Open Quali.:sad:

Maybe she is ill/injured.:shrug:

Or she only wants to play Grand Slam MD and waits for AO.

Anyway, I found an interview from Kazan::p

Can somebody translate, please?:)

Perhaps we get more info.

#293 ·
Short summary

Anna, why were you crying? Tears of joy or pain?

Neither, just tired mentally. We constantly play, moving from tournament to tournament and mental fatigue accumulates. And with it these tantrums happen. I can´t help myself. Plus today was a very difficult match.

Yesterday you wanted to quit in a match against Lesya Tsurenko?

Yes, but then after playing a couple of games, I decided that I can continue the fight. It was a third match here where I was in such a state. I find it very hard to step on court, I´m mentally very tired. Each match is very hard, each ball exchange is very hard. Not even physically hard, but mentally.

But somehow you must overcome this situation. US Open will be soon.

I don´t know. I even think I will withdraw from competitions in America.

Let's try to understand the causes of your fatigue. Hard court season just started, turns out you are tired from clay court tournaments?

No, my fatigue is not related to surfaces. Moreover, before Kazan I participated in several hard court tournaments.

And then she was asked about the tennis complex, about which she only had nice words to say.

According to the tournament site, Anna was crying several times during the match (sometimes after winning a point) and refused to speak at the closing ceremony.

#294 ·
It's sad Anna's not playing at the US Open. :sad:

#307 ·
:awww: Oh well her favourite indoors season now.

#310 ·
There is a rumor on Russian tennis forum saying that Anna have decided to finish her career

#313 ·
At least I expected it. :sad: I'm really glad she got to play a slam MD at least. :hug:
On the other hand Anna finally gained consistency in regular tour Main Draws and she had nothing to defend after Kazan for 3 months. I will always wonder what she could have done in those months with the right motivation. :sad:

Anna is still on the EL for Minsk & Opole, but she has withdrawn from many tournaments in the last minute lately.

#318 ·
I hope she's just taking a break...not packing it in altogether. I'll be so sad if she's giving up now at such a young age. :sad:

Anushka. :hug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.