TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Aug 12th, 2010, 09:08 PM   #990
country flag XTN

XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Hi Mike, yeah we've actually talked about that "handshake" incident with Sabatini here before (I dug up the vid on youtube and put it up here). I think the general consensus is that while Steffi had her moments of unsportsmanship, in general she still conducted herself quite well for most of her career (she's had some bad losses where she remained very sportsmanlike after - I think some of her worst losses were in the French Open but she wasn't a sore loser in those matches).

She's had her bad days, but as some folks here have said, she's only been less-than-perfect in a few handshakes but she doesn't do that to diss her opponent or to disrespect them, and she doesn't speak ill of her opponents in post-match interviews.
XTN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote