TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Aug 12th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #989
country flag Mike25

Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef-fan View Post
Not sure if any of ypu watched this clip before, an exhibition match between Kimiko Date and Steffi in 2008, notice at the end how Steffi and Kimiko are busy talking that they did not even notice the chair umpire being blocked from getting down. Steffi looks very relaxed in the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enou4OwEO8k
Yes, I've seen that clip before, but thanks for posting it all the same. Kimiko and Steffi both appear at ease in the video, and as you say, completely relaxed. Of course, it's just an exhibition. I'm dead certain things were much more tense when Kimiko upset Steffi back in the late '90's.

Speaking of tense, have you seen the video at the end of Steffi's match against Sabatini from the '91 Tokyo Final?. When they approach the net at the end of the match, Steffi barely shakes Sabatini's hand. I can understand Steffi being angry after losing to Sabatini, but I didn't really care for Steffi's attitude following that match. And that's coming from a big Steffi fan. Has anyone out there seen this particular video?. Any comments?.
Mike25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote