TennisForum.com - View Single Post - How many types of surfaces have you actually played on?

View Single Post

Old Aug 6th, 2010, 05:56 AM   #23
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How many types of surfaces have you actually played on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron. View Post
Hardcourts and Green Clay. Here in the US it's really hot and all they have is outdoor hard or green clay
My only favorite green clay is in Florida, during the summer, because it's a surprisingly medium paced surface. The Florida Tennis Center's HarTru tennis courts are so easy to slide on that I've taken my fare share of falls. It's like ice sometimes. But it's beautiful surface when it's loosely packed and not like freaking sand dunes on a concrete surface.

Played on red clay in France, Italy, and the IMG Academy in Sarasota. The first two were so fun...felt like Roland Garros. The IMG Academy red clay court didn't behave right because it was in humid Florida, which answers the question as to why there's hardly red clay in the states.
Sabine Lisicki, Zheng Jie, Garbine Muguruza, Vera Zvonareva, Caroline Garcia
Monica Seles (9), Lindsay Davenport (3), Kim Clijsters (4), Sandrine Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote