TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 12:38 AM   #46
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

ok i'm not sure if theres any rules in this thread but w/e.
Some quotes from her interview.

Maria's run at the Bank of the West Classic in Stanford came to an end at the hands of #8 seed Victoria Azarenka of Belarus in the final.* Maria lost 4-6 1-6 in 1 hour and 27 minutes.

After the match, Maria said: ."I was a bit up and down in the beginning. I went up 4-3 and played a really sloppy game on her serve and she didn't serve that great of a game. I really started making unforced errors off the return and she really stepped it up and took advantage. I was always on the defensive after that. I think when I tried to get the ball rolling, it was a little late."

"She has many advantages in her game. She gets a lot of balls back and they are really heavy. There is no doubt she is a great player. She has already been in the top-10, so it's not like she is moving up. She has been there, had great wins in her career already and is always a tough one to play against."

"I don't think I served that smart. It was tough on one side to really be consistent and have a higher percentage of first serves. I gave her too many looks on second serves."

"She has always served consistently well when I have played against her. She doesn't have a huge serve, but is pretty smart and mixes it up. I felt like I had a good read on her second serve, but wasn't really making them so it doesn't matter how you read it."

"You do what you have to do with what you have, no matter what it is. It's part of the job. It probably would have been a little easier for me if I hadn't spent so much wasted time on the sets that I lost in the previous two days. That probably would have made my life easier today but that's the way it goes. I also wish I would have played a couple more day matches to get more of a feel because it is a different atmosphere and different feel."

theres why she lost. lol.

Last edited by atominside : Aug 2nd, 2010 at 12:47 AM.
atominside is offline View My Blog!