TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old Aug 1st, 2010, 06:49 AM   #44
country flag Ace_S

Ace_S is just really nice Ace_S is just really nice Ace_S is just really nice Ace_S is just really nice Ace_S is just really nice Ace_S is just really nice Ace_S is just really nice Ace_S is just really nice Ace_S is just really nice Ace_S is just really nice Ace_S is just really nice
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Player Quotes July 31st

Maria Sharapova

“I was just all over the map a little while in that first set. There were way too many errors. I just started being a little more patient and giving her a chance to play. In the first set, I was making so many errors and it’s not like she was making me run or hitting winners. I was making three unforced errors a game, which is quite a lot. I needed to cut down on those, which I did. Little by little, I played really solid over the next two sets.”

“That’s the type of player she is and that’s how she wins the majority of her matches. She manages to wear down a lot of her opponents, getting many balls back and making them hit another shot. She’s had a lot of success doing that so you always have to be ready for the next shot to come back.”

“From the beginning I didn’t want to find myself having too long of rallies with her, because that’s what she wants. I think I overplayed myself a little bit in that first set, maybe over-thinking it or something instead of just really playing my way. But that was just the first set, and no matter how unsuccessful it was, you still have a match ahead of you.”

“She (Radwanska) is playing great and is always tough and aggressive. She is always moving on her feet. She is another player who hits many balls and you have to be ready and return well. It will be important to return well, serve well and really take advantage of the next ball.”

“It’s been a really long road but I’m so happy that I can come out and not really have to worry about too many things like I maybe did last year. Just to know that I can come out every day and even if I don’t feel 100 percent, I don’t feel like many things are on my mind like they were before … I’m happy to find myself just playing, trying to work out the kinks and really just go for it.”