TennisForum.com - View Single Post - "Rabitt"-The Wendy Turnbull Thread

View Single Post

Old Jul 23rd, 2010, 03:26 PM   #32
country flag HanaFanGA

HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold
Re: "Rabitt"-The Wendy Turnbull Thread

I don't have the exact quote in front of me. But my favorite Turnbull quote was folliwng her upset win over Shriver in the US Open QF and Pam said that it was a shame for womens tennis because she (Pam) had a better shot at beating Martina. Wendy's reply was something to the affect of, "Actually I have a better shot at beating Martina because I'm still in the tournament."

Pam wrote about that incident in an article Tennis magazine did about "Tennis jerks." She admitted that she'd had some moments and that she cringed when she thought about what she said about Wendy. I also got the impression from Pam's book that she liked Wendy, but there was always a competitive tension between the two. Shriver vs. Turnbull was a pretty good, even though lesser known, rivalry.