TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Jane Lehane O'Neill - Underappreciated or Over-rated

View Single Post

Old Jul 8th, 2010, 06:15 PM   #53
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold
Re: Jane Lehane O'Neill - Underappreciated or Over-rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris whiteside View Post
Jan's Slam record isn't included in the edition of Collins' Encyclopedia I have so I don't have her record to hand.

Obviously she has a good record at the Aussie but I have a feeling she was generally regarded as being one of the few Australians whose game was better suited to clay than grass.
Its funny but actually Chris it seems to me that all Australian women of this era were great on clay. Court, Turner,Lehane and later Melville, Fromholtz and Goolagong. Actually I think that Australian women were great on the dirt.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote