TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Jane Lehane O'Neill - Underappreciated or Over-rated

View Single Post

Old Jul 8th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #51
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold
Re: Jane Lehane O'Neill - Underappreciated or Over-rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisvideos View Post
You are a bit of a aren't you Chris

I just watched a few clips last night and got a look at Lehane playing some points with Court against King & Susman (or Moffitt & Hantze as they were known back then). WIshed I had some more footage of Jan - she was a bit of a trailblazer in the womens game with the double handed backhand.
CraigWasnt it Australian players anyway who first started to play double handed way before Connors and Evert. I cant remember but off the top of my head Vivian McGrath comes to mind. And of course Lehane. I wonder though if the double handed backhand in the era in which she played would have restricted her strokes, particularly on grass??
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote