TennisForum.com - View Single Post - All Time Rankings 1884-2013

View Single Post

Old Jun 30th, 2010, 11:45 AM   #33
country flag chris whiteside

chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold
Re: Womens All Time Rankings 1884-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
ChrisI think here as well we are talking how matches played out and what the scores were. BJK herself always has said that Ann was one of the toughest opponents she ever played, fighting never giving in etc. I suppose the professional results should be included but there would be so many missing that it seems that it is best to stick to official tournaments. If you cant include all of the pro results it seems a little inconsistent to include any really. Just know from my own perspective that seeing them play against each other in the Wimbledon and Wembley finals of 69 show that Jones was more than a match for BJK. She really was her main rival after Court, post Bueno and pre Goolagong and Evert.
What about our own Nancy who led 7-1 in h2hs at the end of 1968?