TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ons Jabeur + Nour Abbés

View Single Post

Old Jun 29th, 2010, 06:27 PM   #27
country flag wael choc

wael choc is a name known to all wael choc is a name known to all wael choc is a name known to all wael choc is a name known to all wael choc is a name known to all wael choc is a name known to all wael choc is a name known to all wael choc is a name known to all wael choc is a name known to all wael choc is a name known to all wael choc is a name known to all
Re: Ons Jabeur + Nour Abbés

ITFtennis.com

Roland Garros champion crashes out of Wimbledon
Denis Kudla (USA) - Saturday 26 June 2010 at Wimbledon (MP3 format)

Ons Jabeur (TUN) - Saturday 26 June 2010 at Wimbledon (MP3 format)

The junior championships at Wimbledon began with a big shock on Saturday as the top seed in the girls’ event, Ukrainian Elena Svitolina, was sent packing in the first round.

While the big guns on show in the boys’ event eased into the second round, the 15-year-old Svitolina, winner at the French Open earlier this month, was dumped out 26 75 63 by American Grace Min.

Svitolina looked on course for a straightforward win when she romped through the first set but Min surged to a 52 lead in the second and when Svitolina fought back to level, then snatched the set to force a decider. An early break in the third put Min in control and the American moved ahead 51. Svitolina got one of the breaks back but Min held on to clinch a surprise victory.

Ons Jabeur, the runner-up to Svitolina at Roland Garros, enjoyed a comfortable start to her title bid with a 62 62 win over Caroline Garcia of France. The 15-year-old Tunisian was in command from the start and Garcia never looked like getting back into the match.

“I played her in the French Open so maybe it helped that I knew her game,” Jabeur said. “I played my game and won. I was so excited to play on grass. I know you’re supposed to play football on it but tennis is so different. I am very ready to, I hope, get to the final like the French Open, and win it, why not?

Twelfth seed Jabeur said losing to Svitolina in the final in Paris had not been a disappointment. Instead, she was delighted to reach her first grand-slam final. “I feel like I am a professional now, I am not going to lose first round, maybe quarter or semi, so I am going to be ready,” she said. “I am really ready to fight and to win.”

Second seed Irina Khromacheva defeated Mai Grage of Denmark 63 63, third seed Timea Babos of Hungary cruised to a 75 26 64 win over Akiko Omae of Japan and No 5 Monica Puig of Puerto Rico beat Cristina Dinu of Romania 36 63 64.
wael choc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote