TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Grass is Ass: 's-Hertogenbosch and Wimbledon 2010

View Single Post

Old Jun 29th, 2010, 12:13 AM   #100
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Grass is Ass: 's-Hertogenbosch and Wimbledon 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsonja View Post
Oh, I totally agree. If she'd won that, there really wouldn't be that much else to prove, and she could "afford" to take a longer break. And actually I think with all this rushing back from the injury, it's not all about proving herself; it's also that this thing might really end her career, and she wants to play as much as possible before it does. Of course, it's counterproductive-- she'd have a better chance of lasting longer if she took a longer recovery break, but if you're thinking it might go in the gym or on the practice court or in a match... of course she wants to play the match. It's not sound reasoning, but it's pretty typical athlete reasoning-- they are terrible judges of their own physical fitness.

Anyway, I'm with Vanessa. I'm not really upset about what she's doing, just sad that she's not even giving herself a chance. It's pretty depressing to watch, but she's an adult and she makes her own choices, and there's no point in any of us getting particularly upset about it.

Weather in Buenos Aires this time of year is actually really nice. So that's one component of her decision that's actually not totally insane. Who would have thought?
Dinarik is a lovable psycho...that's part of what draws me to her so strongly......As for your reference to the climatological appeal of Buenos Aires,I'll have the biggest cheshire cat grin in Estado Chihuahua if we see pics of JMDP gently rubbing sun lotion on Dinara while they lounge on the beach

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Latinoamerica, where we have extended holiday vacations
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote