TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Jun 26th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #770
country flag Lynz

Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

My guess would be because of the centre she is building in Hamburg.
How far is it from Munchen to Hamburg.
I have to chuckle a bit, please,please don't anyone take it in a bad way.
But over the years when my sister in law who is dutch and I are calculating distances.
When she is in the U.S.
Me: It's pretty far.
She:U.S. far or Netherlands far.
Me: U.S. far.
She: oh, that's too far.
or when I am in the Netherlands
She: oh, its pretty far.
Me: U.S. far or Netherlands far.
She: Netherlands
Me: oh, that's close.
It's just that living in the U.S. because it's too big,and the city I live is very spread out, one just gets used to driving or traveling long distances.
You have to do it , so you get used to it, although personally I would love to live a smaller place where I didn't have to drive so far to get anywhere.
The first time my Sister-in-law's husband came to visit. He and I were talking about differences in systems and a lot of things. I told him, one of the problems why some things work well there and couldn't be done here even if its a good idea.
Its just too big. He said how big is this state, the Netherlands is the same size at least.
No, you could fit almost 2 of your country in this state and it is not a large state.
He didn't believe me till I showed him in an almanac.
So when I hear far....
It is just a difference in what one is used to and in perspective so please don't anyone take offense.
Lynz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote