TennisForum.com - View Single Post - junri namigata cheering thread

View Single Post

Old Jun 18th, 2010, 06:39 PM   #204
country flag CANADA8

CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice
Re: junri namigata cheering thread

Yep, CANADA8 eats a large helping of humble pie and begs your forgiveness!!
Junri did indeed play and performed SO WELL!
I went everyday of the qualifying event. Junri's first round match was a real ding dong battle. She started on fire, racing into a 4-1 over Pliskova, before winning it 6-2. She was holding serve easily in the second, when at 4-5 she threw in 2 double faults and in a sec it was one set all!
The final set was a nail biter with Junri serving for the match 4 times before finally holding her nerve to win 14-12!!:cheer2:
Cue hi-fives all round (including your truley!). In the next round she was up against Bychkova, the 10th seed. Junri started slowly, losing the first set before rallying well to win 3-6 6-4 6-4. I was especially pleased as Bychova said to a Asian line judge who called a Junri shot in; "Just because she's Chinese like you there's no need to give her the point!"
I chatted to Junri later and she was so pleased and hi-fived me later in the day when we ran into each other.
Alas, the two tough matches finally told and she lost her final match 6-4 6-0.
I was sitting next to her coach and he said that she was feeling tired.
I was so sad as she really deserved to get into a Grand Slam singles draw. Hope she'll be back next year.
(credit to Doi and Nara who were both really friendly and have great futures ahead of them!)
CANADA8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote