TennisForum.com - View Single Post - junri namigata cheering thread

View Single Post

Old Jun 11th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #197
country flag CANADA8

CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice CANADA8 is just really nice
Re: junri namigata cheering thread

I agree that the Federation isn't responsible for a player's decisions but it seems that the Japanese Federation have'nt done enough to develop the game in their country as much as say China, who brought in top foreign coaches or France where there are academies that take the most promissing school kids and develop their games.
When I go to Japan, which I do a few times each year, I'm struck by how popular the game is with girls compared to here in the UK. Almost every Japanese girl I talk to was a member of their schools tennis team and the clubs I visit are always packed!
The top players have club matches where big corporations sponser teams, so perhaps they need to feel less comfortable at home and try to push their games in foreign enviroments, on different surfaces. Also I question the fact that all players seem to have a coach who has done nothing themselves as a player is a problem (not just in Japan but here in the UK where low ranked players who acheived nothing, finish their careers and go straight into coaching!?)
CANADA8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote