TennisForum.com - View Single Post - time to hire up a coach?

View Single Post

Old Jun 1st, 2010, 12:43 AM   #100
country flag xan

xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: time to hire up a coach?

Maria was healthy for RG this year. She's been serving and hitting well. The problems however seem to be mental/tactical, and they call for some new input.

Clijsters and Henin were out for long periods. They came back with Slam Finals. Maria hasn't. In fact she did better at RG last year, just back from injury. Williams sisters have had loads of injury time-outs. Yet they come back strong. I think Maria can get back to the very top and do better than before - but she's got to sort these tactical-mental problems out - such as losing serve at crucial times, and not converting BP.

Maria needs to take advantage of her windows of opportunity - and too many of them seem to be being wasted. I really think she needs some new coaching input to revitalise her game.

Official Hitman of the Maria Mafia
xan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote