TennisForum.com - View Single Post - time to hire up a coach?

View Single Post

Old May 31st, 2010, 10:37 PM   #99
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute
Re: time to hire up a coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Crahing out in the 3rd round to someone whos been out of tennis for 2 years is not "back on track!"
First of all, crashing? She lost in three sets. Those were heavy conditions and you can agrue that if had been able to complete her match she might have won.

Second, Henin has been out for less than two years and comes back healthy and recharged. Maria was out with an injury that has changed a lot of her game. It's a struggle to find her old form again.

Finally, yes, Henin hasn't been all that convincing since her return either, but she still made the AO final and won a bigger clay title. But I agree that I wouldn't call it back on track either.

But I think fans should face the facts that things will never trully ever be 'back on track' anymore and just hope Maria can have a good healthy career.

This next Wimbledon is going to be very telling since she's sucked there with injuries and recoveries the last few years.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote