TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Indonesian tennis

View Single Post

Old Apr 27th, 2003, 01:33 AM   #148
Shine On Silver Moon

Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of
Arrow Indonesiana Tennis!!!

Happy belated birthday, Sunu Wahyu Trijati!!! Sunu's b-day was yesterday also - he turned to be 16 yo. Sunu is number one junior player in Indonesia and he is in top 100s ITF ranking! Good luck Sunu, Sandy Purnomo & Anthony Tan in Davis Cup Junior which will begin tomorrow here in Jakarta!

Based on the news, Indonesia had more wins over China in Asian Games but in Fed Cup - head to head btw China and Indonesia is now 5-1!!! So, yesterday Angie & Wynne created history for winning against China for the 1st time!

Head to head in Fed Cup btw China v Indonesia: 5-1

1983 - Switzerland - 2-1 for China
1985 - Nagoya, Japan - 2-1 for China
1998 - Samutpakarn, Thailand - 2-1 for China
2000 - Osaka, Japan - 2-0 for China
2002 - Guangzhou, China - 2-1 for China
2003 - Tokyo, Japan - 2 -1 for Indonesia

Angie's win lose record in Fed Cup: 9-3
The 3 losses from Barbara Schett (Austria), Zheng Jie (China) & Tamarine Tanasugarn (Thailand)

As far as I remember - since I was watching myself here in Jakarta - we have also hosted Argentina when we lost 2-3! Yayuk Basuki won against Gabriella Sabatini who made so many unforced errors during the match! Then we have also hosted Belgium when Appelmans & Van Roost still played and in 1997 we were also trashed 0-5 by Italy here in Jakarta!!! But a couple years before, we won over Italy 3-2 in Rome! Those were the days with Yayuk Basuki & Romana Tedjakusuma! And last time in 2001, we lost to Austria 1-3 in Vienna when Angie played for the 1st time in Fed Cup! So, if in July we get to play Austria again - for sure it is gonna be our turn to be the hosting country! I'd love to see Barbara Schett and Patricia Wartusch to play here in our hot and humid court in Jakarta! Or maybe Colombia, Argentina, Sweden - we'll see the draw next week! Bravo Indonesia!!!

The reason why, Indonesia over the week kept fielding Wynne/Angie for dubs - it was the strategy to win as winner of pool 1B and it worked since Indonesia had more winning matches over Thailand and big thanks to Taiwan for winning over Thailand!
Shine On Silver Moon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote