TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Alisa's Wonderland wonderful off-topic thread

View Single Post

Old Apr 24th, 2010, 08:41 AM   #199
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alisa's Wonderland wonderful off-topic thread

I like to wander when I go to tennis events, unless one of my favourites is playing, such as Chardy which is why I watched his match in his entirety.

I really enjoyed the ATP event but in terms of viewing, I think I preferred the WTA tournament (they aren't held at the same complex). From what I gather, the ATP event is quite a prestigious social event and you got the feeling a lot of people just turned out to be seen, while the WTA event was so laid back.

The WTA event was so cool because you saw all of the players milling around and unlike the ATP event, they didn't try and separate the players from the general public. When I arrived on the first day, Meghannn Shaughnessy was in front me getting her accreditation and she was chatting to Monica Niculescu for a bit. I also saw MJMS and LDL relaxing after a workout and during the rain delay, virtually all of the players were hanging around in the lobby. Andrea Petkovic and Tatjana Malek were standing opposite me, Niculescu and Alexandra Dulgheru were sitting near me as well and Flavia Pennetta (who surprising turned up, albeit not to play), was chatting with Tax Garbin, Schiavone and Dulko for a while.

I spent most of that period trying to draw up the confidence to ask for photographs but I eventually chickened out and spent the metro ride back to my hotel lamented my lack of self esteem

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote