TennisForum.com - View Single Post - From green to red clay

View Single Post

Old Apr 14th, 2010, 06:44 AM   #33
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future
Re: From green to red clay

Marion's blog from Charleston : http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/b...257191_2023643

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hello again everyone

First of all, I was really happy about Miami. My mom even came to watch me. She doesn't travel too often. Sometimes she gets stressed about watching me play because she thinks I'll lose if she does. But she came all the way from Europe and I did really well, so it can't be true! She also brought my paint from home so I could do some painting, which was really nice of her.

After my last match in Miami I stayed in the city for four days. We went to the beach and to Coconut Grove, to the restaurants... it was nice to do well in Miami after last year's heartbreak, and I took a few days to enjoy the city. I haven't been home since January 1st though, so I'm a little homesick!

We flew direct from Miami to Charleston last Monday and I have been practicing on clay for a week now. The first hit was pretty good considering I hadn't stepped on a clay court for a whole year! It's safe to say this isn't my best surface. I'm not sure how the tournament will go but I'm happy about my level right now and I'm improving all the time. When I play tournaments on clay, traditionally I do either very well or not very well, it's never in between! But if I keep playing like I am, I think I can make those very good results

I'm not sure if you all know this about me, but I love fishing. Every time I go back home I can grab my lunch box and go fishing the whole day, from early morning to when it gets dark at night. I remember going fishing for the first time with my dad and brother and they are even crazier than me... Anyway, we went to the marina here in Charleston. I love seeing the boats and the people, coming back with fresh catch every day - I love going to the restaurants and tasting it too.

I play my first match tomorrow - I will talk to you all again after

Marion
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote