Remember, every choice, whether good or bad, can be deadly...
Suicide Miami 2010
2006 Final: smokovec (ITA) def. Bubba08 (FRA)
2007 Final: cometz9 (USA) def. timray (BEL)
2008 Final: tangchenbo (BLR) def. ?????? (???)
2009 Final: joe87 (AUT) def. leoneo (CHN)
1. Each day of play, you must pick 1 winner playing a WTA main draw singles match. (READ: DO NOT PICK A MATCH FROM THE QUALIFYING DRAW!). Of course, the player that you choose, is playing one match scheduled to be played that day (as seen on the order of play).
2. Once you pick someone, you cannot choose them again for the rest of the tournament. So, you don't want to waste a pick on Serena Williams or Justine Henin in the early rounds. Conversely, you don't want to make a pick at all on Ana Ivanovic. Has-beens are not hot.
3. You must choose one player to win each day. If you forget, are sick, or are unable to reach a computer, it will be treated as a wrong pick, and you will be out of the tournament. As well, your pick must be chosen before the pick's match has commenced, otherwise it will be considered a wrong pick, and thus you will again, be out of the tournament.
4. Only in the case of a walkover, or a withdrawal, each player is allowed to have a back-up pick, selected at the same time as their initial pick. That back-up pick will only be used in the occurence of a walkover or withdrawal, as stated above. Retirements do count as completed matches.
Replacement picks must be identitified like this:
BACK-UP PICK - MARIA KIRILENKO
If it is not clearly identitified, then both picks will be declared invalid.
5. The seeds will be based on the last rankings. The top 32
ranked players to commit will be given a bye and not required to make a pick on Day 01.
6. To sign up
, please type the word "In". Variations are more than acceptable. Your sign up will be confirmed
when you post your picks on the first day of main draw play, and so it is not necessarily a "must" to sign in.
7. Please be advised that you may only play ONE Suicide Tennis tournament per week.
If you play in multiple tournaments per week, you will be given a score of ZERO for the week to go into your ranking.
8. Once you've post your pick it's final, you CAN'T change them.
So don't edit or delete your post or else you will be DISQUALIFIED!
Ranking Points for Suicide Miami (Premier)
DAY 01: 5
DAY 02: 25
DAY 03: 50
DAY 04: 100
DAY 05: 120
DAY 06: 140
DAY 07: 195
DAY 08: 250
DAY 09: 350
DAY 10: 450 (No Pick)
DAY 10: 550 (Invalid)
DAY 11: 700 (No Pick)
DAY 11: 820 (Invalid)
DAY 11: 1000 (Winner)
Time in Miami Use this
Tournament site here
Suicide Tennis Introduction and Rules - Please click this
Suicide Tennis Rankings - Please click this
** IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER/WTAWORLD IS BEING SLOW AND ANNOYING, YOU MAY E-MAIL ME YOUR PICKS AT firstname.lastname@example.org