TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Tereza Mrdeza cheering thread

View Single Post

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 10:56 PM   #246
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: Tereza Mrdeza cheering thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
After a four match losing streak, Tereza managed to win one, in R1 of Antalya 10k. She's the 3rd seed so it's not exactly a huge result, but it's at least some kind of relief. This is only her 4th win since middle of October last year, and in the same period she managed to lose 9 times. I think her points from Giza 10k come off this week, so she'll have to make some more wins here not to drop too much (got to semis after qualifying in '09 there), but I'm at least a bit more optimistic about her.

Good luck Tereza
ma re is back! (what happened to m4618k?).

This is a pretty good result, actually. Fokina has been slumping lately but has a career-high ranking of 168 and is much better than her current ranking of 478 (she plays few tournaments).

Regardless of what happens in the next round, it must have been a relief for Tereza to win this match. She really stalled after that huge move up the rankings last year and her record since last October has been a dismal 3-10. Her lowest point so far came just last week, when she lost in R1 of the previous Antalya $10K to Fatma Al Nabhani, who's ranked #683--and in straight sets, no less (63 63)!

Hopefully Tereza can start to turn things around before her ranking drops off too far.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote