TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ellie Goulding - New Album 'Halcyon' Oct.8th 2012!

View Single Post

Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 09:46 PM   #13
country flag Poova

Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ellie Goulding - 'Lights' out now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
I disagree How can you compare a singer/songwriter to that of the Saturdays? The lyrics are (IMO) are far from crap If you actually listen you may also discover that. There are actually quite a few brilliant metaphors. I honestly don't understand how anyone can find it bland, although I do agree you really need to listen to enjoy it. One thing I don't like I can actually hear Frankmusiks input in the album
Umm, I have listened. I would hardly make an opinion on it without listening, would I? Think you should drop the condescending attitude... o_O

Perhaps "crap" was the wrong word to describe the lyrics - they are a step above most disposable pop, yes. But they're dull and very pedestrian about simple subject matters. I just don't see any personality or any of Ellie in them, which is what I meant by my previous comment. Some people may enjoy them, but it's just not for me really. I look for a bit more in the lyrics than that, and Marina's lyrical style is much more for me (obviously the comparisons between them are bound to happen for obvious reasons )

But yes, I shouldn't have called them crap or awful. It was probably my disappointment in the album really showing through.
Fedak / Czink / Harkleroad / Gallovits
Kleybanova / A.Bondarenko / Watson

Poova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote