TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Fed Cup is coming to my town!

View Single Post

Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 02:37 AM   #25
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup is coming to my town!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
Because after 2007 they changed the dates of the ties to HORRIBLE times. After the Australian Open, the first slam of the year which after competing in you'd want a bit of rest. The SFs are now in April in the middle of the clay season, right after Miami and Charleston. Then you have the Finals in November after the YEC. So you have big events followed by Fed Cup, so no surprise it doesn't fit into their schedule. And Venus in 2005 won Wimbledon in a marathon emotional moment and then went to Moscow to play on clay for USA then was burnt out for Stanford. Venus won Wimbledon in 2007, played Fed Cup beating Chak, beat Nadia in a tough match and then loses doubles, then plays Chak in QFs of San Diego and is tired in the end. No surprise it doesn't fit in their schedule especially with the new horrible times of the Fed Cup.
It seems to work for other players though
There is NO reason why Venus should be tired during Stanford from Fed Cup, if anything she should be tired DURING Fed Cup from Wimbledon

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote