TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Courting Controversy

View Single Post

Old Feb 20th, 2010, 02:39 AM   #14
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Courting Controversy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Posted by TennisVideos

Look I am gay and have met the lady a number of times and she has been nothing but charming with me. Bag her out if you will but you are just showing your own colours here.
Rollo, I don't think anyone expects Margaret to scratch your eyes out because you're gay (even if you make it known to her that you are).

The point is that people have a right to dislike public figures based on public comments they make and public displays of behaviour.

For example, is it fair to dislike Hewitt for his display of overt/covert (whichever way you see it) racism during his match against Blake at US Open '01?

I don't understand why people think that Court should be immune to criticism because she's a great tennis player.

Last edited by Rollo : Feb 20th, 2010 at 04:07 PM.
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote