TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Fed Cup is coming to my town!

View Single Post

Old Feb 18th, 2010, 04:08 AM   #20
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup is coming to my town!

I just don't get the Williams Sisters when it comes to Fed Cup. They've ALWAYS been using the same excuse that it doesn't fit into their schedules. It's obvious that they don't want to play. Why don't they just say that they want to focus on their singles careers then? In my opinion, Venus had no excuse to skip last year's R1 vs. Argentina, while at least Serena had Paris Indoors. For the semis, Serena had an excuse (injury), but Venus didn't want to switch surfaces, which I guess was a decent excuse, but it's not like she was playing Stuttgart/Fes so I really don't understand why she couldn't take a week off from the clay...Most players base their schedules around Fed Cup/Davis Cup, but the Williams sisters clearly don't care . Baghdatis for example skipped Indian Wells last year so he could play Davis Cup, which was on hard in his case, so that is one of the many examples out there.

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote